For what it is worth, and maybe not much, but the whole business of who likes and who doesn't like Springsteen is only emphasising the original point of the topic, we all have different views and opinions on which music can be classified as intellectual, or emotional, or both.

Having played some of the music written as contest pieces for brass band, believe me, most will not turn an emotional hair, though the technical detail will if your in to the technical side of music. You soon recognise these pieces are written to test the players of a band, and the band in general, not to amuse an audience.
The band I was in won four first prizes consecutively in four different contests, not many brass bands have done that, especially not at the sectional level the band was at at that time. Did I enjoy that though is the question on an emotional level?
Playing that music, not by much, except it was a good feeling to get a technically difficult part correct. The rest of the music left me unstirred. It was at the announcement when we found we had won the contest that the emotions came fore, which are for an entirely different reason than what any music can provide.
However, when rehearsing and then playing for a concert rather than playing to win a contest, a different thing comes into play, though mainly due to the music in general has been written for an audience to enjoy, then it becomes more enjoyable to play it too.

OK, then a few have dissected the Springsteen piece and in the main I agree that the Springsteen part at the beginning wasn't much for me either, it was very much later that some feeling came out and my addition is that the sax break was brilliant on its own, though I feel a take over after that by a trumpet would have been icing on the cake, but then again I am an instrumental lover, not that keen on the human voice. However toward the end, Patti stirred something just by her own emotional input.

All the above is just my opinion on aspects of music and Springsteen. You can like it, not like it, or totally ignore me. I am getting to old to be that bothered, but anyone who likes it can be my friend any day.