Hi Pat,

Once again, "Thank you!"

Maybe after all these years of 'trying' to be a singer, things are starting to happen!!! I'm not quite sure that I'm ready to do away with the odd spot of manually tuning my vocals here and there yet, though. One day, maybe.

This song was started with a chord progression from a BIAB demo song for the midi-based style BosaNew.sty. In this case, the style's tempo was also used. I modified the progression to suit the song as it developed. Have a look at the graphics below and you'll see where and how I changed the progression. (You'll also see that I prefer to use a 1-chorus, linear approach to songwriting rather than BIAB's '3x Chorus' default. I mention this in case any new users are reading this post.)

Fig 1: Initial chord progression - obtained from the demo for BosaNew.sty

Fig 2: Final chord progression.

Once I had the chords in place, I changed to another style (as you can see) to get a sonic basis for the song that included some realtracks. I then played around with many different realtracks before I settled on those listed.

Hope this helps give some insight into the songwriting process used! I have to say that BIAB's demo songs can be a great starting place . They're a real asset for a songwriter when inspiration is needed.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024