Hi Joe,

A fake book only has the melody line and the supporting chords. There are no arrangements. The chords in the FakeDisks match identically to the chords in the fake book and will input a corresponding style. Most of the time the style matches but occasionally I change the style. If you are looking for an exact arrangement to say a pop song it isn’t gonna happen with BiaB styles without a lot of manipulations.

I have three of the Norton FakeDisks to date, The Beatles, The Ultimate Broadway and The Ultimate Pop and Rock, and I like all three. I also have a few other FakeBooks that are not on Norton’s list. What you want/need will depend on what you want to play/practice.

I buy the FakeDisks as it saves me a ton of time, I don’t have to input the chords and find a starting style myself. However you can buy a FakeBook that is not on Norton’s FakeDisk list and manually put the chords and styles in yourself.

I hope this helps.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware