Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
...but from a long time ago (decades) I thought that BIAB would substitute a waltz style if the song were in 3/4 and the requested style was not present. Perhaps that's wrong?

That is wrong Matt. It's in the Preferences window where you can pick any style you want to use as a default if the style embedded in the song does not exist on your system. And unfortunately you can only pick one and the program doesn't care what the song's time sig is. It's just one of those things that falls into the category of hey, nothing's perfect.

Joden and others, Notes could decide to only use PG's styles but then there's still tons of folks out there who didn't buy the full MegaPak or are still running an older version and don't have all the styles so the same problem can still crop up. You want him to only use the ancient 25 year old styles that everybody will have?

Trust me I fully understand why we all like to be lazy sometimes but it's still up to you to be properly prepared for a gig. All it takes is a minute or less to check any one song so even if you have 500 potential songs you can still easily start at the top, do 10-20 a day and have them all done in a few weeks. Or, brew a big pot of coffee and blow them all out in a weekend.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.