If Norton's files are BIAB files, then the chords can be changed to the preferred ones. When I hear other musicians play, it's easy to hear whether they're playing stock chords or better sounding ones. I work with a piano, vocal, bass and drums quartet. I have a bass book, with better chords written out for all our tunes. If we have a request not in our book, chances are that it's in iRealb. iRealb by the way has chords that are a step above those in the fake books. When I talk about preferred chords, it's because they make a song sound better. We should all want a song to sound better. I'm not talking about subbing chords just to be subbing. Of all the good players I've heard around the D.C. area, I've never heard any of them play the fake book chords. For example, the song "But Beautiful", is written: GMaj9///| Bm7b5/E7/ }. If you add a C13(+11) on the third and fourth beat of the first bar it sounds much better. Later, Ray

P.S. Most of the bassists I work are so knowledgeable that if they're reading fake book chords they automatically play the better sounding ones.

Last edited by raymb1; 07/03/13 04:54 PM.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.