Deep song, and the subject matter evokes polarised reactions, which in my view can only serve to drive peodophilia even deeper underground making it even harder to eradicate.

And in the case of this tune, it is about a 15 year old, not a pre-pubescent!!! Sheesh it was not all that long ago (relatively speaking) men and women got married at 15/16!! And in some countries they still do!

It is such a grey area anyway at that age bracket. I mean out here the legal age of consent is 16. So if a teen is 15 years and 364 days old and gets involved with an 18 year old, then the 18 year old could be charged with peodiphilia, however wait one more day and they don't...

I am NOT in any way shape or form condoning genuine peodiphilia, but at 15/16...I do tend to think it gets a bit blurry. I suspect that the protests would cease if the teacher were 37 and the youth 19/20...I mean who sets all these numbers anyway?

Human relationships after a certain age (and I am no expert, I have no set idea - 16 as I said out here, 18 or perhaps 21??? ) are truly unique and no one set of rules can really govern everyone. Before this age though and I am all for the strictest regulation possible!

The song IS confronting and I suspect is designed that way. It is a subject that should be debated, and not allowed to go even deeper underground.

Maybe that's a radical view, but as distasteful as it is, it DOES need honest and open public debate.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by joden; 07/13/13 09:40 PM.