Hi, SlyRuby. Thanks for your interest, and I'll try to clear this up for you. I'm a jazz composer and have used BIAB for over twenty years to compose with. Long before RealTracks, BIAB was superb with MIDI. I then took the songs into the studio where actual studio musicians (friends I work with) recorded the songs. So yes, it's very much an actual band, just like my live concerts. The advantage of using BIAB is that I can send the musicians the songs in advance of doing the recording session

I recognize that some people may think I did the record using BIAB for the backing tracks. That would not have been as likely in 2005. Now, though, you could make a fine recording using BIAB tracks. Peter Gannon gave me permission to mention the album because of the major role BIAB played in its development. I've used BIAB to write for parts of six other CDs since, as well as other concerts regularly. The program is fabulous and is indispensible for my work. Hope that makes sense.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors