Lawrence,
you have real knack for avoiding all the cliches that tend to make songs schmarmy.

I really like the odd timing of the lyrics... you stretch the limits, but you make it work... and the result is a very fresh cadence. There's nothing "sing-songy" about the presentation of these lyrics!

I also really liked the various change-ups, hits holds and pauses you use for accents throughout the song. They add the same thing to the song that pralines add to ice cream.

And the ending was excellent! the final hit of all instruments except cymbals, which continued to sizzle until fade out... I would never have thought to do that!

But the thing I liked the most was the CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK: using different locations and a cell phone to skirt the same point in several colorful ways. And its interesting the way the lyrics are vague enough to drive a feeling more than a message. What's the point of being unavailable by cell in all of those places? Who cares? Its a cool musical algebra equation and the variables change from parentheses to parentheses.