Hate to open an old thread but...
I'm betting your old arranger was a Korg i3.
I had/have the same and it's on its last legs. I've had to open it a couple of times to replace buttons that stopped working over the past 20 years. I used to play it exclusively, but now I've got other musicians in my band so I use the Korg primarily for its ahead-of-its-time drum sequencer. I can easily pick a style, set a tempo, and I have 4 variations with 2 fills, 2 intros and 2 endings available.

The big reason I love it and still use it, is that the band will occasionally have "guest vocalists" that for some reason can't count. Or a guest horn player that extends his solo by 19 bars. With the Korg, I could easily get the drum style back on track.

I've gone through a dozen drum machines and can't find anything close (the Alesis SR18 only has 2 variations with 2 fills). BIAB appeared to be a great solution when I bought it in 2008. The CONDUCTOR ostensibly would handle my on-the-fly style changes, however it was broken when using RealDrums. I emailed the company and they confirmed the bug - but it hasn't been fixed over the past FIVE YEARS!!!