Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

I've read some amazing things about the PRS guitars. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Here's what I like about PRS guitars: Many, if not most models take lots of good stuff about Gibson solid-bodies, and toss the elements that I don't like. Beautiful carved tops on many models, and no tune-o-matic bridge on many models. They 'fall into' the hands very naturally for me. Always been out of my price range, but they are an aspiration guitar to me. Always classy looking as well, with their own shape that bows to tradition, but is also identifiable as their own. Look at this model for example - very classy - even though it's a signature model for a 'filthy' band. Other makers would be making this thing all adorned with spikes and chains, but PRS keeps it in the 'guitar you would be proud to show your mom' category.

I also hand it to PRS for doing their own thing when many other manufacturers stick only to copycat body styles and so forth. PRS seems to take most of the best features and build from there. Note for example, no 'flat' headstocks on any guitars (nothing like a Strat/Tele/etc.) because these days, there is no reason not to do the superior tilt-back headstock which gives a better break angle over the nut. I have a Larrivée acoustic guitar which I love, and over the past 3 years they have re-introduced an electric line - but for the most part they seem to copy Fender and Gibson - even down to making a 'spaghetti font' script for their logo for their Telecaster copy.

I bought an Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue this past winter as I loved nearly everything about the guitar - mostly the tonal variety. It's a franken-strato-SG-Paul. The ONLY thing I'm not loving is the hard corner/binding around the top. Carved top would have been oh-so-nice on my right arm.

Sermon on PRS over...

Eddie - get us some sounds of this thing soon!