Originally Posted By: av84fun
Originally Posted By: musiclover
The more I think about all the secrecy surrounding whether or not there will be a mid year release and the beta testers vow to silence, the more I feel the users are being treated like a bunch of kids.

You know when you have a bag full of candy or sweets as we call them in UK and you don't want the kid to eat the lot, you sneak and hide not letting him know how many are left.

Or whether you have any sweets in your pocket at all!!

Musiclover

With respect, I couldn't disagree with you more about us users being "treated like children."

There is ZERO doubt that PG and its beta testers are all working has hard as they possibly can to launch a new version.

The fact that a release has not been announced has nothing to do with treating us like children but rather....quite obviously...that it isn't READY YET! If it WAS ready, it would be released.

The vast majority of the BIAB user community would...I suspect...much prefer to wait until PG's legendary record of releasing versions with VERY few bugs (and which are corrected in near-world record time) than to have them shove a product out the door riddled with issues like SO many other developers such as Microsoft, for example, are infamous for doing.

So, there is no "secrecy" involved. Merely the self-evident fact that when PG KNOWS that the new version is READY, it will be released...and not before.

That's a totally GROWN UP way of doing business IMHO.

Regards,

Jim

With due respect to you Jim I disagree.

If you have been reading the thread you would realise that as far as the users are concerned we don't even know if there is going to be a .8 release (though there probably will be) but it’s a kind of game to keep us all guessing in my opinion.

I prefer more openness, it’s not hard for a company to tell their users whether or not there will be a mid year update so that the users can plan their finances accordingly if intending to buy.

And taking the average age of the biab user it’s not doing their health any good all the anticipation waiting on a product that may or may not appear.

I'm sure a lot switch on their computers every morning heart pounding sweat dropping of the forehead, straight to the pg page "is .5 here yet no no no ! I can’t stand the pressure"

smile

musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 08/05/13 06:06 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile