Originally Posted By: Cerio
Originally Posted By: Noel96
I cannot see how it's possible to simplify BIAB without losing functionality simply because music is such a complex thing.
Noel

Originally Posted By: raymb1
Noel, you always hit the nail on the head. There probably is no way to pare down BIAB without losing something. Later, Ray

I totally disagree. This thread, for example:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=177712#Post177712

is full of great ideas about redesigning / simplifying the program's interface, which seems to be the main focus of criticism in this, and other reviews.

While most long time users in this forum seems to be happy with BIAB's interface, most of first time users (at least in my experience) find it a little bit daunting / confusing, and many potential users just refuse giving BIAB a try simply because they perceive it as a too much complex or outdated program, given it's interface.

In my opinion, the review does a great job identifying some of the reasons that helps understanding why many newcomers see BIAB this way, and giving some specific examples that needs urgent attention from PG Music.

Anyway, I suspect that Peter and his team are already working in a serious redesign for BIAB 2014. If I'm right, that would be (at least to me) the best new "feature" in the program's history since the introduction of Realdrums and Realtracks smile

I hear what you're saying (along with others) but I don't think the issue is that the software is too complex and therefore, ought to be "dumbed down." Rather the criticism is...which I share...is that the DOCUMENTATION needs a radical...."fresh start" redesign because it is quite obvious that the FEATURES imbedded in the software have TOTALLY overwhelmed the documentation.

Were it not for PG's UNSURPASSED tech support and the existence of THIS forum I think that the frustration level among BIAB users would skyrocket.

If PG announced that they were suspending ALL feature upgrades for the next YEAR in favor of devoting all their efforts to rationalizing their documentation...dramatically improving search relevance...updating video tutorials and working to bring to the surface functionality that we must "drill down"...often WAY down...to access, then the perceived value of the software would increase by orders of magnitude vis a vis any raw feature enhancements.

Best,

Jim