I missed the part in the post where they were on the second gig and mostly play for older folks in retirement centers.

Nothing should blow up or burn out on the second gig at lower volume.

There is a possibility however, that someone perhaps plugged something in improperly resulting in a loud pop through the system, or turned something on in the wrong sequence....

In our PA, it was always amps on last, off first.... then the board and the FX rack. One time the roadies turned the amp rack on first then flipped the switch on the board and FX rack..... Whoomp.... some roadies got their butts chewed that day. Fastest way to bust a cone or a tweeter known to man.

Very likely something just went wrong... a factory defect or something like that, and the company didn't want to honor the warrantee. That doesn't sound like something EV would do but it didn't appear to be a factory repair, but rather from an independently owned "authorized" repair shop. The dealer didn't want to, or didn't have the ability to repair it so they sent it to the closest shop as opposed to returning it to the factory. Shipping to the factory would likely have been more expensive so they chose the non-factory repair route.

An inexperienced tech or a lazy tech simply denied the claim and sold a new part claiming it was not covered by the warrantee.

I would certainly contact the factory/HQ and raise this issue with them describing in detail what happened and how you, as a "valuable and loyal" customer was treated. When you take it to the top, things will happen because they don't want bad street cred and people talking bad about their service and gear.

Just a thought..... follow up with the HQ/ customer service folks. Tell them your story and send copies of the repair bill and purchase invoice.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 09/17/13 05:50 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.