Originally Posted By: Adrian
Hi

Thanks for the comments, the melody was part BB generated and part original, the part that is the same tune as yours was the BB generated part the chorus part of the song was original generated but I didnt get the feel I wanted so was re-written around the same chord structure.

Also the second part of the song had the chords tweaked a good deal where as the first part was pretty much BB.

I have to say Im loving your tune although its a little weird hearing the same part of the melody in the different context.

Seems we both have an ear for a strong melody, was that part in your song generated?

Also agree flute is a slight to outfront in the mix so will adjust this.
Cheers

Adrian

Yup.... BB generated it and played it with a goofy sounding midi something or other, I adapted it to be played on guitar live.

Therein lies the danger in using BB melodies. Could you imagine if you and I both had that same/similar melody in songs that were used in a public manner (film or TV).... ? Some jackleg lawyer would be looking a lawsuit for real.... remember My Sweet Lord was over 3 notes.

As long as I have been working with BB, I have noticed that it will generate similar melodies occasionally, and since the software you have and the software I have is essentially the same software, it stands to reason that using the melodist WILL generate the same melodies a bit more often than is comfortable.

I have, as a result of noticing this, muted the MELODY line in BB so that it does NOT influence my creative thought with it's own computer generated melody line.

Interesting .....

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 09/24/13 10:33 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.