Yes I've got lots of old cassettes. Mostly ones I bought to learn songs with and also a number of tapes I bought as souvenirs when I traveled to foreign countries. I have a couple of hundred LPs too. I've digitized my favorites, and plan to get to the rest.

My Korg i3 keyboard takes 720k disks, but I don't use the sequencer or the auto-accompaniment anymore - just the built in sounds (some of which are still excellent).

I checked ebay and the floppies are selling but not for enough money to retire in the south of France or anything - but I suppose at least it will pay for my gas to get them to the post office wink and is better than having them end up in the dump.

I used to have zip and jaz drives and disks too. I managed to give those away when the technology was first becoming obsolete.

I remember the limitations of the old storage systems. I never liked cassettes but had to deal with them. The HD Floppy seemed big in it's day, and the jaz drive held a whopping 2G of data - all that the Win95 computers could access. And my first 40M drive for my old Atari computer was as big as a 2 space full depth PA amplifier.

I like progress, but it does leave some debris in its path smile

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks