Lawrence,

This is a whole bunch of cool all rolled up into one.

I agree with most of what has been said. The arrangement is top-notch - "top to tail" as Noel would say smile The production is interesting every step of the way. Your guitar work - works! The organ sounds really good. The sax lead is terrific. The added guitars keep it going...

Your vocals are great! There is a surprising amount of talent in this forum (especially considering how few people post songs, really) and your vocals just blows the roof off the whole thing.

The songwriting is tremendous, as well. You have a great knack for letting your influences show but not get in the way. This one has a bunch of Henley mixed with some Boz Skaggs polished off with that gruverider blender. Great groove. Really interesting lyric. Melody galore! Love it!

However...

You are WAY too talented for rubber-stamp atta-boys - and I thought there was "something missing" - a little thing, difficult to define, and I probably won't say it right, but I'll try... and, again, I think this is all top-notch...

What is lacking (IMO, of course) is a "sheen".. a "brightness"... an "alive-ness" (I know that's not a word). A "pop". This thing is SO good, it should come out of the smallest, cheapest speakers and just knock you over! Make you want to crank it and dance! (tho' you do NOT want to see me dance!)

I listened to this MANY times trying to put my finger on what it is - or what might change it... I can't say I know. I'm sure it's something subtle... maybe a touch of high EQ on the guitars?.. more "snap" to the snare?...perhaps some more reverb on the vocal?... or a touch of reverb on the whole final mix.. I don't know, really...

(the song begs for some Boz background singers - but that's not easy to achieve - and beside the point).

Hope you are okay with some "just my opinion" that goes against the crowd...

You deserve all that glowing praise - I join in on that!

Enough of my babbling... I LOVE your work! I am a huge fan!

floyd