SlyRuby:

In reading through your comments, it occurs to me that you may not NEED the Audiophile version of BIAB 2014. For what you are proposing to do, the "regular" version may be fine.

PGMusic offers a 30 day unconditional money back guarantee. If you don't like the "regular" version, they would be glad to upgrade you to Audiophile.

Also, you won't need to "heist" any chord progressions if you'd rather do your own. BIAB has a MELODIST feature. You simply click on the Melody drop down button, select a genre (say, Bossa Nova), pick one of the Melodists (say, Bossa Vibes Med) and click OK.

BIAB creates a chord progression AND a melody, EITHER of which you can easily modify, OR just go back one step and have it generate a new one!

I believe there are now around 1000 RealTracks so even if NO new ones were released this year (highly unlikely), you'd still have enough to keep you busy for a long time.

As for new release timing, I've been upgrading in December for many years, and I've never seen a release date after Christmas.

Just my 2 cents CDN worth! <grin>

Good luck!
LLOYD S