Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hey Herb,

... These days I find that keeping Ozone always active as the final plugin in my Master channel makes it easier and quicker for me to get to the final mix.

Because Ozone is constantly on ........

Have you ever played around with having Ozone always active as the final plugin? I'd like to hear your experiences if you have smile

Regards,
Noel

Yes.

I absolutely have Ozone on from the start. One of the first things I do is to pop O4 (with my custom preset) into the master bin. I start working towards the final mix right from the beginning of the first track. I have been doing this for years. I envelope as I go, I add FX as I go (in the tracks) so the further along I go in tracking, I am also working towards the final mastered mix as well. Therefore, when I do get all the tracking done, the final mix is mostly just tweeking the envelopes for levels.

By doing it this way, generally by the time I hit the final mixdown, everything (EQ wise) is in place. Any EQ added to the tracks is balanced upon what it sounds like coming through the master. That way, there is no need to go back and tweek the tracks as when the master plugs are dropped in at the end.... I drop them in at the beginning and this is not an issue.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 11/04/13 07:15 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.