I agree something a bit bigger than the typical must be in the work. As said in the past, i don't see a rolling of RB and BiaB into one as the solution. RB is already a rolled version of PT and BiaB. What i see is a big face lift of BiaB as ZeroZero layed out. Some much needed GUI work, a few very nice features, further development of the RT/RD/Supermiditracks path. Then aggressive further development of RB.

To say Rb will never keep up with the big boys is in my opinion a tad short sighted. Actually in some areas it is far ahead of the big boys. None of them even begin to do what RB does. Conversely Rb is admittedly lagging far behind in VST,/VSTi implementation, and in many areas of workflow. As far as stability it is very solid on my system. maybe two three crashes in the last 6 months, mostly caused by me. Still you are right it is less stable than either of my other programs. I see the future being RB split off from BiaB, and not being umbilically connected. But standing alone. So that it's evolution is separate. The ability to add in a far greater range of VSTi plugs, and technology like ARA from Melodyne.

I was tinkering with Studio one V2 Artist the other night, (came with my new interface) WOW being able to double click a wave track and open Melodyne, and make great edits was seamless. This is also the case in Sonar 3 now. Being able to include tempo lock VSTi like jamstix. further evolution of RD where the drum tracks are on separate channels. 64 bit for RB. As it stands now i can do a project from start to finish in RB. But just a few more improvements and stability mods would make it a very big deal. Routing and bussing could be upgraded somewhat.

Imagine Rb with RT/Rd tech, Super midi tech, Full VST/VSTi, 64 bit engine, ARA coding, Flexable routing, Upgraded Audio edit window (melodyne would fix a lot of that), comping lanes, the ability to choose the input for individual tracks rather than have it record on all the tracks at one time for multi input interfaces.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.