I have gone through many stomp boxes, with my acoustic guitar, to try to get a good sound. I finally got tired of changing batteries and lots of cables linking them together, and bought a Yamaha fx-500. It has alot of effects built in with presets and user areas. I have spent many hours tweeking effects, and not alot of time happy with the results. I'm thinking compression, chorus, and delay are the ones that I probably need to dial in for the kind of sound I'm looking for. I have searched the web for the "secret" settings to get that cool, fat, hot. . . responsive sound. It is hard to put into words. I have a link I am going to put at the bottom of this, for a sound that is pretty close to what I am after. I was hoping some of you might recognize the effect by ear, or may want to share how you effect your guitars for your stuff. I am tired of searching, and tweeking and coming up with something, ok. . . but not great. Listen to the link if you have time to give you an idea of where I'm going with this, and maybe share what you think will give me that sound. Steven Stills also has it in his song Treetop Flyer. It is on youtube. It's the live version. I can post that link if you want.

Thank you for your time.
Gene
http://dalesanders.com/mps/when%20you%20say%20nothin.mp3