Nice....I like the driving rock.... sounds good....

I'm not a huge fan of the 80's lead synth. It doesn't fit (IMHO) with the crunchy driving sound of the band behind it.... it's also kinda up front and perhaps that is the issue, it's too much upfront....and could afford to sit further back in the mix by a few db.

It's hard to be objective sometimes when it comes to levels in a mix on something you played....I know that it is some of my hardest decisions.... levels on the guitars because I love guitar and play them in my mix... and I want to hear it clearly. But I must wear that unbiased producer hat. Good example is the last song I posted. I had a mando part in it which I played. Quite a few folks commented it was too loud and distracting. I had to go back and look at it objectively and ended up removing some of it, lowering the rest and the result was a much improved mix.

Here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=221315#Post221315 you can hear both versions.

Personally I would have loved to hear some vox in this and a guitar playing at least some of the lead parts and fills.

All my opinion stuff aside..... this is a good production job. Yes it is quite amazing what BB can do with some RT and a few production chops. Nice looking wave BTW... compressed quite a bit, but not quite a brick.

It's kinda Emerson Lake and Palmer meets Deep Purple.... I loved BOTH of those bands.....

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 11/23/13 06:53 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.