Originally Posted By: SlyRuby
No I am no newbie with installing things. I have been building pc's and installing things for years.

Sly, this is just a forum, it's difficult to qualify everything. I meant you were a noobie at DIGITAL AUDIO. I can't even guess how many true for real computer and IT pros have come through here knowing they were pros and thinking they should have no problem with this stuff.

Wrong.

The problem is what we're doing here represents maybe 2-3% of the computer buying public so there is NO support at all from either MS or the different computer makers. You can go to a Fry's or Best Buy right now and ask one of the clerks about your audio midi interface and how you're having a problem with ASIO and getting it to talk to Biab and you'll just get a blank stare. They have no clue what you're talking about so you're stuck with us idiots here.

We're all on our own with this stuff that's all. Not trying to insult you or anything it's just we've all seen it before. Digital audio is a whole different world from regular PC stuff and most importantly it has it's own language that you have to learn. This stuff is all developed by small third party companies with zero support from MS or anybody else. They're on their own too.

Look at Mac's sig and see the link to his Audiominds website. Go there and click on the Getting Started button in the upper left. There's some great articles there going into all of this using the proper terms and language.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.