Now THAT is a question Sly. There's so many different ways to go.

First do you have any need to play a midi controller either a keyboard or guitar and record it AS MIDI? If yes then you need an interface that has midi inputs as well as audio inputs. If no you could get a nice USB mixer like this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=858050&Q=&is=REG&A=details

I see that Akai EIE Pro is also audio only so for about the same price I would be inclined to go with that mixer but I haven't compared the specs or read any reviews on them.

Second, do you think you might have a need to buy a hardware midi sound module? My Roland Sonic Cell in addition to being a good midi synth is also an audio/midi interface albeit with only one input for each but that's all I need right now if I'm at home and not out doing a live remote band recording. Several new keyboards are the same. In addition to being nice keyboards they have audio and midi inputs with USB connections to your computer. However if you know you will need more than one audio input then these are not for you.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.