Hey Jazzmsmmal(Bob)

About the Midi. I do have plans on buying maybe a 400 dollar Keyboard someday. I haven't been a pianist but once I dial in my studio I know I can play around with the keyboard and add to my songs. I hope I can. Just play along with my track. Work on the chords. Maybe just record it in parts. Record the piano chords on a track. Then go back and add some melody. Then alternating some base notes. Sure usually a pianist does that all at once but since I haven't been a piano or keyboard player I can do it that way.

So good thinking. I should get something for sure with Midi. I forgot about that. You asked me if I need a Hardware Midi Sound Module. I am not sure. If I bought a Midi Keyboard does this act as a Hardware Midi Sound Module? You may have to fill me in on that one.

It is hard to get all this right from the start. Buying everything that you need. This Yamaha MG82cx mixer apparently doesn't send my vocals out without the channel with my music track on it. Robh says it doesn't have Group Out. I just didn't know about Group Out. Is there another name for this routing or feature to look for? Of course a mixer needs that. I just tried recording quickly to get to know RealBand so I imported a Karaoke track but when I recorded it on track two that karaoke track is now with my vocal track. I should have known. What a poor mixer this is. I do have my Shure SM7B that is nice. I have all my Audiophile tracks coming in. And I bought the iZotope Studio Bundle for 399 last night. I have no regrets on that Bundle since it is on sale. But yes now I need an interface. I wanted one anyway. But now I may just have to buy it very soon.

So ok I want to hook a keyboard to this interface someday. So let me know if I need a Hardware Module. I want at least two Microphone XLR inputs. I don't need effects. Since I own the TC Helicon Voice Live Play GTX...but I will be getting my effects from my iZotope plugins anyway. Not to mention this professional recording engineer/producer said it is best to record dry of effects to stay on pitch. Usually I sing with effects. So let me know what is a good option for me. The link you gave me won't be since it doesn't have Midi. Thanks Bob