Well in the last few seconds of the game as I went for the touch down just now for the Focusrite I discovered the Roland Quadcapture Audio Interface. Have you all heard of it? It is 188.18. More than the Focusrite 174.99. But I am impressed with this technology. Read this:

One-Click AUTO-SENS: Automatic Input Level Adjustment
Setting optimum recording levels is an indispensable part of capturing high-quality recordings. If input levels are too high, the sound will distort; if levels are too low, you lose the advantage of the excellent resolution afforded by digital recording, and the sound suffers from signal-to-noise ratio deterioration. To solve these issues, Quad-Capture is equipped with a unique "AUTO-SENS" function that automatically sets the appropriate input level. AUTO-SENS is simple to use for beginners and pros alike: just press the AUTO-SENS button, supply sound input for a short amount of time, and the built-in DSP analyzes the volume and sets the optimum input level. AUTO-SENS is also accessible via a software-based control panel, so you can control it remotely from your computer. This handy feature makes for quick and easy setup during recording sessions.

This might be it for me. What do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/Roland-QuadCapture...and+Quadcapture