Ok I just bought it. I just found it a few minutes ago talking to you guys and I was sold on the AUTO-SENS Technology that sets your input level perfectly. Wow I can't believe that I discovered it just before I went for the Focusrite product. After reading about that paragraph on AUTO-SENS and then checking out some YouTube videos on it I was sold. Just about 12 dollars more than what I was going to pay. I just gave 399.00 for 3 plugins why not close to 200 dollars for the very important interface? I want to enjoy learning how to record with my new studio. 2014 will be interesting learning all the fundamentals on it. And with the Audiophile RealTracks it will be amazing!

Thanks for all the help. Sorry I didn't buy the ones you mentioned but you got me thinking on what I wanted. The midi was mentioned and I failed to consider it and may have ended up buying an interface without it. So you all were good help. I will leave you with the info on the some info.

Roland Quad-Capture USB Audio Interface

With a pair of premium VS Preamps onboard, plus superb 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality, ultra-low latency performance, and convenient USB bus power, Quad-Capture sets a new standard for portable USB 2.0 audio interfaces. Its compact, durable design and pristine sound makes it the perfect foundation for portable, multi-channel computer-based productions on the go. With quality and performance that far exceeds its size and price, Quad-Capture stands at the head of its class.

VS Preamps
Quad-Capture boasts two premium-grade, digitally controlled mic preamps (VS Preamps) made from the same high-grade components as the preamps found in Roland's V-Studio 700 and M-400 digital mixer. Two XLR/TRS combo inputs are provided for the preamps, plus independent phantom power, low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression for each channel. The VS preamps can be controlled easily and intuitively with the included graphical Control Panel software (Mac/PC).

Roland Quad-Capture
Compact with durable aluminum body and Direct Box functionality. View larger

Roland Quad-Capture
Phantom power, ground lift, and Hi-Z switches are featured on the back panel. View larger

Roland Quad-Capture
Bundled with Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE. View larger
One-Click AUTO-SENS: Automatic Input Level Adjustment
Setting optimum recording levels is an indispensable part of capturing high-quality recordings. If input levels are too high, the sound will distort; if levels are too low, you lose the advantage of the excellent resolution afforded by digital recording, and the sound suffers from signal-to-noise ratio deterioration. To solve these issues, Quad-Capture is equipped with a unique "AUTO-SENS" function that automatically sets the appropriate input level. AUTO-SENS is simple to use for beginners and pros alike: just press the AUTO-SENS button, supply sound input for a short amount of time, and the built-in DSP analyzes the volume and sets the optimum input level. AUTO-SENS is also accessible via a software-based control panel, so you can control it remotely from your computer. This handy feature makes for quick and easy setup during recording sessions.

Thanks,
Sly

Roland Quaad-Capture
One-click AUTO-SENS function intelligently sets optimal input levels for the preamps

Roland Quad-Capture
Featuring a software control panel and onboard dynamics processing. View larger
VS Streaming, with Support for All Major DAWs
Quad-Capture offers incredible stability and industry-leading low-latency USB performance via Roland's proprietary VS Streaming technology. All current Mac and PC Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) platforms are supported through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac).

Phantom Power, Ground Lift, and Hi-Z Switches
On its rear panel, Quad-Capture features stereo S/P DIF I/O, which allows you to connect a digital device and use it simultaneously with the analog inputs and outputs. Analog outputs are provided on the rear panel as well, supporting balanced or unbalanced connections via 1/4-inch TRS jacks. There are also MIDI IN and OUT jacks (Quad-Capture functions as a MIDI interface, too), as well as switches for phantom power, Hi-Z operation on Input 1, and a ground lift that can be used to eliminate hum that might sometimes occur when connected to other devices.

Also on the rear panel is a USB jack for connecting to your computer. QUAD-CAPTURE gets its power directly from your computer's USB bus, so there's no need to hassle with external adaptors--a single-cable connection is all that's needed. Unlike most bus-powered audio interfaces, Quad-Capture regenerates the incoming power with its own wide-ranging power supply, providing the analog circuitry with the ideal voltage for the very best sound quality and efficiency in mobile environments.

Low-Noise Power Supply
One of Quad-Capture's key "behind-the-scenes" features is its low-noise, wide-ranging power supply. Designed to deliver a clean, balanced input and output, it provides a reliable foundation for any professional audio application or environment. When driven by the USB bus power supply, Quad-Capture's power is regenerated, providing the analog circuitry ideal voltage for the very best sound quality and efficiency in mobile environments.

Aluminum Build, DI Functionality
Quad-Capture is small, strong, and housed in a road-tough aluminum body, so you can transport it anywhere with the confidence that its premium internal components are securely protected. For live-concert environments, Quad-Capture also provides Direct-Box (DI) functionality, essential for noise-free live stage use.

SONAR X1 LE Bundle
Every Quad-Capture package includes a complimentary copy of SONAR X1 LE software for PC that's designed to work fluidly and seamlessly with the interface. Derived from Cakewalk's award-winning SONAR X1 DAW software, the LE version give you a powerful set of software tools for writing, recording, editing, and mixing your music.

What's in the Box?
Roland Quad-Capture USB Audio Interface, owner's manual, Cakewalk SONAR LE DVD-ROM (for Windows), driver CD-ROM, USB cable.

http://www.amazon.com/Roland-QuadCapture...oland+Interface