All right. This stupid bulletin board just erased my post because I pushed the button to preview it. Now I'm angry. It's very like BIAB. THe commands either don't work or sabotage your work.

What is the relationship between the Soloist button and the soloist bar on the mixer?

How does the Select Soloist box work?

I go to select soloist, and select a style and an instrument. I set the solo to begin on bar 8 of chorus 1 of 3 and generate 8 bars. The instrument appears in the soloist bar on the mixer. The song plays with the solo starting at bar 8 of chorus one and continues to play for the rest of the song.

I decide to change instruments, so, back to the select soloist dialog box, choose a different instrument. But the new instrument does not show in the mixer, the original one does. Nevertheless, a new solo generates with the new instrument, but again ignoring my direction to solo for a specific range of bars. I go back and erase the soloist track. Now the track is empty but the mixer still shows the first instrument.

Are the Soloist and the Soloist track even the same thing? If so, why are there two menus? If not, how are conflicts avoided? Why is there any overlap at all?

Why isn't there some simple way to find out the various assignments, what soloist is playing what instrument, at a glance, measure by measure? All the mixer tells you is what instrument you originally chose, which information is inaccurate as soon you as you change the instrument. Meanwhile you may have added several, and specified various passages for them to use. But where is this information stored in a form convenient to the user?

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't work.