Thanks guys for the support. I really can't believe that I actually found the Roland QuadCapture Audio Interface after hours of talking with you guys and getting some very good suggestions. But right before I was going to pull the trigger on that Focusrite 2i4 I found this one. And when I read about that AUTO-SENS it truly sold me immediately. Along with all of the other specifications. Here is a few words agagin on it.

One-Click AUTO-SENS: Automatic Input Level Adjustment
Setting optimum recording levels is an indispensable part of capturing high-quality recordings. If input levels are too high, the sound will distort; if levels are too low, you lose the advantage of the excellent resolution afforded by digital recording, and the sound suffers from signal-to-noise ratio deterioration.

And I know I am the guy that could be a dash into the distortion. And I am sure at times too low and the signal to noise ration takes me down to a low level. I am not even talking in a studio situation. Because this will be my first. Sure I have had a few mult-track studio software I have messed with. But I was younger and not as smart. So it didn't amount to much of anything. I do sing in Second Life doing live shows. I sing a lot of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Perry Como. Sure I am still working being as good as them. Wow that takes training. But last night I was singing for a couple ladies in SL and they were impressed. Though to a Hollywood producer he would know on a few songs I could use some polish. But with a few punch ins and my Sinatra tone BOOM WOW lol. I got off the subject. Oh yes I brought it up because this will keep my mp3 karaoke tracks from distorting too.

But yes I am in this for creating music. And pghboemike let me see if I can answer your questions. What am I plugging it into? My pc I built myself about 3 or so years back. And I have plenty of RAM and a fast enough processor. And on that pc I have my 399 Christmas sale bundle of iZotope plugins. I can't believe that company inspired me to throw down that much money for three plugins. But I was sold fast. It is the Studio Bundle. Nectar 2 Vocal suite was the big thing to me. Also there is a Voice Over preset. And it takes out the breath in the silence naturally. Settings to do an Audio Book read. So who knows. I could get involved in that later. But that takes reading talent. Acting in a sense to read with a good character. Also many other presets for Jazz Vocals and other great genres. Though I do hope that every setting was given a lot of thought and was set by long time experienced producers. A team of them. And not just merely naming it hey this we will call Jazz Crooner. Good enough Tommy. I think this Emmy Award winning company wouldn't do that. So I have guidance. Three plugins with presets galore.

Some guy seemed a little bitter in here about presets. How we won't know the difference in settings to make the decisions. Well on the vocal effect area you can here the difference. Other places in the plugins you here it, compression all these different things we will hear the difference. He just wanted to make me and others feel like we are inept newbies and he is King of the producers. Wow what a master I am. But so far he has yet to let me listen to his masterpieces. Where is his product? I haven't heard it yet. So he can beat me down all day long. My expectations are in 2014 I plan on just enjoying getting to know Band in a Box. Trying to learn new things. Getting to know all the great RealBand styles. Just preparing myself to start on my albums. I know it is one song at a time but I have a couple projects I may work on at once.

Now my expectations of my product. My productions. What do I expect from them? I hope I can take it to a high level with all aspects. I certainly don't expect radio ready productions. I don't expect it. But in life sometimes you can get to a high level at something when you least expect it. If I work hard in 2014 I might come up with some great songs. It might take me a couple years to get all this dialed in and to slowly write and produce some great songs. I know what I come up with though at the very least will be a great attempt at an independent Jazz Vocal album. I don't expect big success. And really don't expect hardly anything with making money from this. Sure I am using Artist Virtual Records for my label. But I am using MondoTunes to digitally distribute to over 750 online stores worldwide. I think it is about 40 dollars for one album distribution. So if I were you I would go with them. I researched the others. MondoTunes is the winner. So I expect just a few sales on occasion of my albums. Not many. It could be 3 albums a month all I care to be honest.

That is success to me. Selling just a few albums here and there worldwide. So I will succeed at this. No matter what happens. Because I know I have the talent with singing in the style that I am focusing on. And I know I have the writing skills. And with BiaB at my side I hope to do great things. My albums won't make me much money at all but it is a fun hobby. But I could get lucky. My album could hit the charts. I saw some interview with some producer. Really a nobody of a producer. Just a guy with a studio at home. Not millions in equipment. He worked on a song and kept on it. Making changes. Adding different ideas. He didn't think much of it. But it turned out he was up for a grammy for it I believe. I am not sure if he won or not. Probably not. But he was a winner for being acknowledged. I forget his name. But that guy never thought that would ever happen to him. So all us could find great success also. And BiaB is at the heart of it all. Lets just have a good time. Forget the nutcases in the world that tried to put their disturbance on us. Know that we are great people. And will enjoy good times in the music business. Just make your own music business. Don't worry about the bigshots out there with the big name record companies. Don't worry about the money they have. The prestige they have. They are nothing to us. We don't need them. And they will learn that the music business is going to take them down a few pegs in the next 10 years. There are just too many very talented people out there. And with home studios built on a budget now being able to produce radio ready music these guys are shaking in their boots lol.

I better get going. In a few minutes my BiaB will be here. I missed it yesterday by 20 minutes having left to the post office. My Audiophile will arrive!! Thousands of dollars worth of studio musician's recordings all for me. WOW I WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY on this just checking out my new band members for my virtual group Frychester. And my solo career band members for Sly Ruby. All virtual nothing more. Just like the Gorrilaz are a Virtual Band. That is my concept. So whatever age you are your virtual artists are looking good! Star quality in appearance. Marketable to all and they will love our music. And once the holograms singers hit the stage it will be incredible. But those don't come out for another 15 years. The life sized realistic holograms. They are coming. But for now my virtual artists live in a virtual environment. Mostly residing in Second Life. I hope nobody read this gibberish lol. Always type happy about all this. laugh

Last edited by Sly Ruby; 12/18/13 01:32 PM.