Good Evening, Trevor...

So nice to "meet" you! And thank you so much for your encouraging words. As I told Josie, I guess I'm more a crooner and Smooth Jazz vocalist. I grew up playing Traditional Country music and really like it. That is my strongest guitar genre as well. But, I just don't have a good voice for Country or Rock. I will be posting a few of my vocals in which I sing Country and Rock and you will see why I stay away from it for the most part! Now, my wife, Di...she can sing any genre except Classical/Opera and Long Hair Rock. She just opens her mouth and this Divine sound fills the room. I have to work hard at singing.

As for my vocal instruments. We sing through an Audio Technical 2035 Condenser Mic. Now, and this surprises everyone, we do not sing through a mixing board or a PA. Rather, we sing through my guitar amp...seriously! It's a Peavey Nashville 112. The reason we do that is because we get so much more warmth and lift in our voices with the amp than we do in a mixing board. It has always been my thought that spring reverb is so much warmer and "wetter" than digital reverb. To our ears, digital reverb is dry and flat sounding. We tried several mixers and always go back to doing our vocals through my amp. Also, that particular model of amp is specifically design for pedal steel and has a broader frequency range than most amps and mixers and has crystal clear sound.

Also, we do not send the sound from the amp through a mixing board. We plug it straight into our laptop (and 8 year-old HP Pavilion ZV 6000 with I meg of RAM and a front bus speed of 333). The sound reproduction in that music chip is so much better than any other we have tried. Our studio is very simple. We record our vocals (or instrumentals) using BIAB for backing tracks. We save those tracks as an MP3 and use that MP3 of the BIAB backing tracks to sing to or play to. We save the vocal or instrumental as a separate MP#. I then mix the MP3 of the vocals or instrumental lead track with the BIAB MP3 backing tracks on Audacity. I fine tune (mix) the BIAB tracks to my satisfaction before saving them to MP3. I then record any harmonies/background voices the same as the lead vocals and mix the MP3's from them with the Lead vocal and BIAB backing tracks. That's how we do our recordings. It's really very simple and cheap.

I guess that's more than you asked about. Hope it didn't bore you too much! Wishing you a wonderful and prosperous 2014.

Al

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops