Soundcloud
State Lines
Alternate if Souncloud bombs:
State Lines

Howdy all,
Last spring I posted a jazzy/country/blues tune (all RT's) that was a vocal experiment for Janice. I have recently remixed and mastered it. I've been involved in mixing at one time or another since the 60's but when floyd suggested I get Ozone it opened up new vistas for us. We've been slowly mastering all our BIAB/Garageband projects and this is the latest. I was a little dubious at first given how much buzz there is to the effect that one shouldn't master one's own material -- but I took that with a grain of salt and forged on. Mastering turns out to be, like mixing, "never finished, just abandoned!" It has been interesting as it gives you (or at least Janice and I) an opportunity to really explore how the completed mix sounds. Small tweaks in mastering often seem to make a huge difference in the sound of the mix.

Although previously posted (my first repeat) I thought that some of you might want to hear how it sounds after the remix and mastering. The below link to the original post has info re the RealTracks used. mix, etc., if interested.

Thanks for listening!

Original Post

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 12/31/13 07:48 AM.