I'll split my answer into MIDI and .WAV. I think that's why the Cakewalk users here don't use RealBand as much. Cakewalk appears to have stronger MIDI capabilities.

I like RealBand for creating my new tracks in MIDI. As a matter of fact I don't use BIAB too much either. I use the BIAB-like attributes of RealBand to layout tempos/key/chords/etc and put out a simple rhythm section. I then MIDI record remaining instruments and fine tune edit the MIDI notes to clean up timing.

I then convert each track to .WAV and use in Adobe Audition. As I mentioned in another thread I started out in Cool Edit Pro years ago and didn't use much in MIDI. I've stayed with it over the years as it progressed over to Audition. I love this as a .WAV editor simply for the hard core .WAV editing it can do (I'm a .WAV tweaker!). I also like the multitracker abilities of Audition. I'll also add any instruments here that aren't MIDI like vocals/guitar. And as mentioned above, you use what you know. I've been using this software off and on for 15 years and am still running 1.5 (No need to upgrade to the latest here either).

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory