Hey floyd,

Woops!!!!! I listened to this one ages ago but, as I was going through the forum this morning trying to catch up on all the posts that I've missed, I discovered that I didn't post a comment on this song.

It's fantastic! I love that way that the chorus changes its colour with each verse and the bridge. Just as others have commented, the line "a ballerina climbing junkyard cars" is inspired songwriting at it's best - very visual and uniquely the voice of floyd jane. I just used Google to search for "ballerina climbing junkyard cars" and there were only five sites returned. Four of those were related to car sales (or wreckers) and really didn't contain the phrase (they must have bribed Google). The fifth site was...

... link to the fifth site (second in the list)

How amazing is that! In a world where it's possible to find almost anything and everything, your phrase is unique. Google says so smile

I've got to say, I'm really falling for the aabccb rhyme pattern that you used. It really works so well.

My favourite two lines are
Quote:
i might get ahead of you, but
i'll wait for you to catch up

To use a simple and unassuming conjunction like "but" and to give it the strength of rhyme as well as the payoff of the last line is pretty clever lyric writing in my book. I felt a sense of 'hanging' at the end of the last line with that pause BUT ....

.... it made the payoff all so sweet!

Lastly, the production is a perfect fit for the very memorable melody and incredibly well designed harmony.

There goes that forum bar up a few more notches!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024