Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Marty,

You might consider rendering your backing tracks to MP3 and playing them back on a laptop, connected to a small mixer. Then you can mix everything from the stage.

Regards,

Bob

That...^^^^^..... is the best answer so far on how to do live performance gigs. I would opt instead to use WAVES as opposed to MP3 on a laptop plugged into your live system. They have better fidelity and if the system is a good one, that difference can certainly show up.

In a live situation, you certainly want to limit the number of possible things that could crash a song in the middle ....and using some premixed waves played from a computer really simplifies the process. Selecting the next song is simply a matter of clicking on the song.

Always remember Murphy's Law when performing. If something can go wrong, it will.

I do relatively few live gigs these days but when I do, it's either straight up acoustic/vocal or with the use of a CD backing track. Even if it's just one song..... it's on a stable medium such as CD or a wave file and not running in a DAW or some other multi-channel player.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.