Hey floyd,

I've been listening to "Inside Out" just about every time I wander around Users Showcase. Twenty or so listens later, it's still sounds fresh and makes me smile. The only difference is that I can now sing a long with you, American accent and all smile

So, what do I like ...

1. Introduction
The 4/4 bar followed by a 2/4 bar of drums alone is just great at setting the mood. Upbeat and happy, and the mixed time signatures throw the listener a little out of kilter because they are not what's expected. As you've show us many times in your songs, there's nothing quite like disrupting 'what's expected' to set the emotional tone.

2. Verses
I laughed out loud at "i salted my coffee, i sugared my eggs, now they're scrambled and a little too sweet". That's such a good image! What stood out to me most in the verses is how you used rhyme to close a section. By this, I mean that the first 4 lines of each verse is essentially a single thought and that thought cleanly closes when line 4 rhymes with line 2. Then lines 5 to 8 begin a new lyrical thought. While that second lyrical thought also closes equally strongly with rhyme, musically you leave the 8th line wide open so that it drives home into the chorus. Nice!

3. Chorus
That aaabba rhyme scheme is awesome! And the pay-off of twisting the interpretation of 'inside out' around, well, that's classic floyd jane creativity that's a signature in so many of your songs. In "Inside Out", it's also a terrific pay-off.

4. Writing
Melody, lyrics and chord progression are incredibly well matched.

5. Arrangement
When I listened from the perspective of arrangement, words that sprang to mind were "thoughtful", "oooo, that's clever", "great use of musical sweeteners and spices", "this could SHOULD be on the radio".

6. Performance
For me, the believability factor of these lyrics clocks in at 100%. The singer (as the song's main character) is incredibly easy to visualise and to feel empathy with. He's a really likeable person. The combination of melody, lyrics and your singing makes all this possible in such a professionally seamless way.

Ok ... it's back for another listen now ....

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024