Originally Posted By: solidrock
There might be something like: Wake on USB ?

Hi SR. Haven't heard of Wake on USB, and definitely not found. Most BIOS systems have a "Wake On LAN" option, some have a "Wake on Ring" (monitoring the Ring Indicator signal from a Modem), but definitely nothing found indicating a way of controlling power to USB. The only option in the BIOS relating to USB was to include USB in the boot-order preferences.

Most if not all ATX PC power supplies these days produce a constant standby voltage, so that a momentary contact closure is all that is required to start the computer. This explains why some power is available while the system is shut down.

I wondered that having USB power available might also be so that a removable USB drive could be in the 'ready' state if a user wanted to boot from that USB drive at switch-on. My thoughts, anyway.

Cheers
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones