Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
guitarhacker, these eq settings I am sharing were not meant to be carved in stone; as i wrote to adjust to taste. These settings will however in most cases bring the flat recorded sample to the sonic sound that makes up the instruments true sound, which is the goal most times with eq to make the instrument sound as natural as possible and to carve space for the other instruments around it. EQ is also used to change the instruments tone and sound entirely, or to only highlight a certain frequency; but you know that. Like anything EQ is not one size fits all, but these settings can be turned into great sounding samples and are especially helpful as a true starting point. This is why all pro eq's you buy have presets, because engineers with a lot of experience have tested them and find them good to bring out an instruments true sonic sound. Of course if you record an acoustic guitar part for example and it is bass heavy, you do not want to boost the bass even more and so you may need to move the High pass even higher or cut at a frequency, just as an example, this is where the adjust to taste comes in.

I was agreeing with you. I was expressing it slightly differently.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 03/21/14 04:54 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.