I'm right there too. All of us in this discussion were also putting our two cents in during the election. I'm on the right, a lot of you were on the left and we all expressed ourselves. Well, now I'm nowhere. I've always been pretty cynical about this stuff but now I'm so cynical I can't even describe just how cynical I really am except to say I'm really, really cynical. The Madoff scandal was the tipping point for me. How could this happen right under the nose of the SEC? There's a guy in Boston who runs a 5 billion hedge fund who had his partner look into Madoff several years ago with the thought he might put some of his clients money with him. He discovered something was terribly wrong and wrote it all up with their evidence and turned it over to the SEC. And nothing happened. I give that guy a lot of credit because he did his due diligence and protected his clients. Then there's the totally unregulated AIG debacle. I'm a finance type and have studied these things trying to learn what happened and it represents a failure of government on a massive scale. Just unbelievable.
For 8 years this was Bush's responsibility but it was going on for over 20 years so it cuts across both parties. I now know the meaning of the phrase that it's a terrible thing when people lose their faith. I've lost my faith in my government and like Notes, I don't have any answers either. Unlike Rush Limbaugh, I desperately want Obama to succeed and if he can clean this mess up even somewhat by applying left wing liberal principles then guess what, I'm right there with them because the Republican free market principles I thought I believed in have done squat.
We all have to be careful though. This is exactly how Hitler came to power not that Obama is Hitler mind you, its just that when the people are completely disillusioned with their leaders, they can be prone to follow someone who turns out to be worse than they can imagine.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.