Wow, some really good info here. Maybe I have been on the right track all along, and didn't know it. I own a PreSonus Audio Box, but have only used in in my studio for some limited recording. I use the USB port on my laptop and feed it directly into a Carvin 800 amp/mixer (10 lbs). That feeds into a Dawn 510 speaker system. The live sound is incredible. I loaded the BIAB 2014 onto my laptop which is relatively new with lots of memory and speed and storage. The internal sound card is home theater quality. When I use BIAB on the external HD, I can't tell any difference in the quality. I did this only because I don't have to carry the HD along. Most of my arrangements are all real tracks using 4-6 instruments and real drums (that makes all the difference)over midi drums. I love this whole thing and normally add a couple of new tunes per day. I use the mute and fade, volume and tone features to mix the arrangements in and out which works very well. I don't know how I could make it any simpler. I've tried the WAV file route, but I love being able to see where I'm at in the arrangements on screen with lyrics and notes. I use a dual monitor set up so my partner reads the same thing I do. I am a firm believer in using the system in live performance and have been very successful. I call the laptop my Cosmic Cowboy Computer Combo, but we do country, jazz, pop and lots of other stuff. It is just a heck of a deal, and simple.