Originally Posted By: solidrock
Set the the font back to 100% (you can up the resolution also if the zoom works for you), download AutoHotKeyZoom.zip unzip it to your Programs folder then right click on AutoHotKeyZoom.ese or AutoHotKeyZoom64.exe > Create Shorcut, drag shortcut to the Start Button > All Programs > Startup (yellow folder) and then let go.
Run AutoHotKeyZoom(0r64).exe hold the left Shift key and scroll the mouse wheel (you can set the hotkeys to what you like) in the Windows Magnifier (it will be a small magnifying glass on the screen somewhere or minimized) set Views to Full Screen and in setting set steps to 25% for smooth zoom and then Minimize Magnifier.
You can edit the .ahk file by right clicking on the green "H" icon in the taskbar to change hotkeys:

Quote:
; Only one instance running at a time
#SingleInstance force

; Mac-like zooming
~LShift & WheelUp::
sendinput #{NumpadAdd}
return

~LShift & WheelDown::
sendinput #-
return

~LWin & WheelUp::
sendinput #{NumpadAdd}
return

~LWin & WheelDown::
sendinput #-
return

Bigger monitor helps with the eyesight, you can use an LED\LCD TV they work out cheaper than PC Monitors.

Also: EyeRelief http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/EyeRelief.shtml

Thank you very much Solidrock in taking the time to post that for me.

Its funny really, I am in the strange situation of finding the windows magnifier more of a hindrance than anything else. It must be that my eyesight is not so bad as to use it to that extent.

The eye condition I have is nystagmus, but I would imagine that some of the things I mention on here would also affect a lot of other people with age related failing eyesight.

Another stragne thing as regard monitor size as I like it to be about 4 inches from my eyes is that if you have a large widescreen monitor then you have to keep the whole screen size within range without having to keep turning head from left to right all the time.

I will give that download a try though to see how it goes.

P.S Just tried EyeRelief so far seems a very interesting program and will be helpful to me, thank you very much for that information.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 04/01/14 05:03 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile