I use drag and drop a lot (BIAB 2014). One part (e.g. piano, soloist, drums, etc.) at a time. At one time, I had about 15 files in the folder. Now, any new file I d&d replaces the previous one. The recycle button is unchecked.

This didn't use to happen. Didn't change anything that I know of.

What the help says seems like what I'm looking for :

Quote:
Preserve dragged files permanently in folder (default=false)
When you drag a file, Band-in-a-Box makes a copy of it and puts it in the c:\bb\DragDrop folder. This is a temp

folder. Most DAWS (and Windows Explorer) take the dropped file, and make their own copy of it to incorporate into

their file structure, but some don’t (e.g. "pure" wav editors like SoundForge). So if you are dropping the files to a

DAW that works with dropped files and doesn’t make a local copy of them (like CoolEdit or SoundForge), then you should

set the "Preserve dragged files permanently in folder c:\bb\DragDrop" to true. Otherwise, Band-in-a-Box will recycle

(trash) the files in the DragDrop folder on boot up. You can retrieve these files from the trash if needed.

but there is no such check box in the plug-in settings, even in the illustration in the Help.

Nor are the deleted files found in the Recycle Bin.

I tried making a custom D&D folder. That only allows one file, i.e. if you D&D a new one it replaces the old one.