Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Janice and Bud...

What an absolute pleasure to listen to... EVERYTHING about this is gorgeous!

The mix is stunning. Like so many of your mixes, it's like that band is right there in front of you! The stops during the fiddle break are terrific! and the walking bass into the next section is perfect...

Very cool the way you rewrote this! Close to a whole new song!

I don't even know where to begin about that girl singing!!! Gives me chills. In a perfect world she would be both rich and famous.

And she can yodel, too? - like we couldn't have guess THAT!!!

Excellent.

floyd

Thanks floyd!! Reworking PD songs is a lot of fun -- particularly when changing genres with them. We appreciate you noting the live feel -- we work hard on that and we very much appreciate your mix advice.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Janice & Bud, in my younger days i spent a considerable amount of time in Athens. A few years ago My wife and I drove 441 from Fl to Gatlinburg and we will certainly do it again. When we do guess what's on the playlist. Yodel Lay He Hoo! Nice job on this on. The writing , the mix, the vocal are all spot on. The dobro intro kills me. The piano sounds like Floyd Domino is in the room with you. This one is a toe tapper a mover and a shaker. Tom

Thanks Tom! The original PD version based the song in Atlanta but we had to bring it closer to home. Glad you liked the dobro. Those 8 bars are cooked up from three different RT generations.

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Totally enjoyable. Full of atmosphere. Bluesy country vocal and the instrument breaks work really well. Fun. Cheers.

Thank a lot. Glad the vocal and instrumental breaks worked for you!