Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! Just great! This would be a great one to pitch to Bonnie Raitt, although her vocal couldn't be much better than Janice's. Killer stuff!
there’s miles of smiles and years of tears in what we leave behind (one of the best lines I've ever heard!!!) Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg. Your mention of myself and Bonnie Raitt in the same sentence is very kind. Isn't that a good line? It felt right when I sang it. Thanks again!!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom and Janice...

This is STUNNING. BEAUTIFUL. GORGEOUS. DELICIOUS!!!

What an incredible production. The opening piano sounds like you've known it all your life. It grabs you immediately and never lets you go.

The guitar sings. Like the best of Jeff Beck. Tom - you seem to have blossomed before our eyes into some Guitar Superhero.

Gotta know how you processed the drums. Every piece of the kit sounds PERFECT! Big, full. The organ - perfect. There's that guitar again - gorgeous... And the pianos - details please - 2 RTs, a midi, the loop - what's where?

and... Janice... OH! MY! GOD! - a vocal that careers are made from. I couldn't hear a single word - all I could hear was THE VOICE - SINGING. In a league with Linda Ronstadt. Honestly. I do not say that lightly. Pure Joy To Listen To. WOW. Pure emotion. Like it came from your very soul.

A beautiful song - lyric and melody. The sound of an instant classic.

Stunning.

floyd

Floyd, you are just too kind. You know how much I admire your writing and your voice. I have learned so much lately from listening to your phrasing. It is and will continue to be an inspiration. Thank you!!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
That song is so good in so many ways.

Yup.. loved the clarity and fatness of the mix, the chord progressions and the unexpected chords, the drums are my kind of drums, the guitar tone is to die for, sweet and tasteful picking, amazing B3 in the background just rocks this to a different level, the piano is classic, the vocals are spot on and of the finest quality, and the writing..... without the writing, none of the other matters.

Simply saying "good job" to this seems insufficient.... so...

Damn Good job.

Thank you Herb very much. When Tom sent me the first draft I knew he had created something special. I tried very hard to do it justice.

Janice