Hi Herb.
Like Josie, I too have gone back and read all the current comments in detail and also had another listen or two of the song itself. Of course, my comments stand out. It seems that what may be constructive notes to myself has not related back to you, the author of the song, in the same manner. I'm sure if the conversation took place over a cup of coffee in a Huddle House somewhere, it would have come across in a more amicable way. I do not have the writing skills to convey inflections of words the same as when they are spoken.

Let me restate to you this is a good song as written. You are talented and write, arrange and perform broadcast quality material. This song should not be revised or changed.

I took your statement saying this is a 'throwaway' song to mean you understand and accept that regardless of the quality of the lyrics, the musical arrangement of vocals and instruments, and the quality of your performance, this particular song would not be considered to be contemporary country enough to what is on the radio today. To me, that means it is a stylistic decision by a producer rather than having anything to do with the quality of your song. My comments were not meant to say you wrote this song wrong or needed to re-write the song. For me, my notes were guidance to help me that day I attempt to write a current, contemporary, country song. For you, sharing my notes were to give you another person's perspective for your next song or the next one after that. I inferred from your comments that you have a personal goal to one day have a song picked up, professionally recorded, performed by a name artist and released for broadcast.

I had some minor success with some of my songs being on the radio 40+ years ago and there is nothing like the feeling you get. It is much more of an adrenaline rush than any stage performance I ever had. Most stage performances are long forgotten unless there was some sort of screw up or accident. I clearly recall the first time I heard my song on the radio.

Good luck in reaching your dream. It is achievable and you have the chops to make it come true.

Regards,

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.