Originally Posted By: markmusik

jazzmandan: We're both in Chicago (I'm a freelancer/teacher in town)! Thanks for the info. on Coyote Forte. I checked out your website and you're doing basically what I plan to do on the trumpet side of things. What's your setup? I see that you're using an M-Audio Audiophile 192. Do you recommend it?

Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark, I have a couple of good friends who are trumpet players in the Northwest suburb area where I hang.

So the Audiophile 192 does everything I needed for my home DAW. It has good drives for Win 7. Only problem is it is almost as old as me (well, not quite) but it is a PCI card of the old standard. When I bought my current DAW PC (Dell XPS I7) it had one of the PCI slots and that was several years ago. Today you would have to be careful that the PC had the right slot. Seems today more and more folks go the external USB route for an interface versus the older PCI cards. But if you have the slot and can pick one up one up at a good price it is a very clean and dependable interface.

By the way, here is my good friend Mitch on muted trumpet with me on guitar and BIAB and the Audiophile 192 in action. http://www.jazzmandan.com/audio/Summertime.mp3

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper