Mark, my thoughts would be this. JazzManDan and Rharv gave some good advice. When starting out...keep it simple, the BIAB and RB software will be challenge enough. Since you don't have a full blown rack synth setup and a single keyboard, going the soft synth (VSTi)route is the most cost effective.

The soft synth that JazzMan mentioned is available through PG Music here on this site and offers sounds that I think you will find applicable for your needs. Latency could be an issue, but we can help you with that.

Perhaps the most important advice came from Rharv. Buy up into the BIAB/RB software packages as high as you can. While you might be initially satisfied with the basic package, I can almost predict that by the second week you'll have wished that you got more. This stuff gets to be pretty addictive and you will not regret spending a little more now. It will save you money in the long run.

You will find that there are many here that have similar interests as yours and that there are many willing to help you. You are not alone on this journey here.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3