I don't know if there are any other fans of this show here, but my sister Heather is pretty good friends and Indianapolis studio singer co-worker with one of the three finalists; Josh Kaufman. She can vouch for him being a nice guy and all of that.

For those of you who have written here countless times about how the whole music business is full of talentless hacks that are just propped up by the record companies, here's one chance for you to change wome of that with votes and purchases of the iTunes that the show puts up almost immediately after each airing of the show. If you've been watching this season, you'll know that there's not one musician slip-up that this guy has made the entire season. No 'pitchy' comments, lack of gusto in the singing, etc.

The show does spend an inordinate amount of time focusing on the celebrity judges as the season moves along, but the premise that each of the contestants moves past audition to selection based on their singing alone is what does set this show apart from some of the other singing/talent shows. This year had a STRONG set of 12 finalists; each of whom had a reasonable chance of winning and some already sent home that deserved to win the whole thing as much as anyone else (I'm thinking Sissaundra Lewis - powerhouse of a singer that I'm sad to see gone but she'll probably do fine with record deals).

Anyhow, if you are a viewer and want to see a guy move on to the biggest dance of his life as a singer/musician, you can help make that happen next week.

-Scott

Last edited by rockstar_not; 05/14/14 06:44 AM.