Originally Posted By: ja41son
I know they are out there because I had several on my old PC. I can't find anything now. Does anyone know where I can go to load jazz standards (Satin Doll, Fly Me to the Moon, Autumn Leaves, etc) to Band in a Box. Free or paid sites, this is the main reason I plan on upgrading to 2014 software.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for sir, and I'd like to make sure I understand. If you're looking for MIDI files, you can do a search for 'Jazz Standard MIDI Files' and you could find tons of stuff. If you're looking for mp3 or other actual audio files, you could purchase multiple audio files and import them. If you're looking for Band In A Box file, you will find songs with only chord progressions or songs with chord progressions and melody. Songs with melodies are actually copywritten material and usually is not sold, since it requires the seller to pay a copyright fee on each song sold.

I have been away from BIAB and the boards here for a while, but the last time I checked, Norton Music was selling Band In A Box disks to go with certain Fake Books. In fact, I have the Warner Brothers 'Just Standards for Real Book' disk from Notes. However, it has no melody, only the chord progression for each song in the book.

So, it might help us to help you if you explained in a little bit more detail exactly what you were looking for, and looking to get.

PG Music does not allow copywritten material to be posted on their website, unless YOU are the copyright holder on the song, or it's an original of yours (same basic difference). In fact, they don't even allow links to music on your own website that may be copywritten. So, most people are not going to post a link to something that is, in essence, illegal.

But, please give us a bit more of a description of what you're looking for, and we MAY be able to help. We may not be able to give you an exact location, but we might be able to point you in the direction of where you want to go.

By the way, what is it about the 2014 version that would make you want to upgrade if you can find certain things? I just want to make sure we all know what you're looking for.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!