I think I've known a few girls like that along the path my life has taken.....

But I have to disagree....I think a real cowboy would have an old 65 chevy with more bondo and rust, and not a jacked silverado. Just a simple observation from knowing a few along the way.

OK... that ^^^^ is just me being a smart a$$ or something like it...

The song is good and I'm glad some commentary from me (and some others I'm sure) was the inspiration for you to set down and write this song.

To that I say JOB WELL DONE.

Now.... yes, back in the day, one of the bands I played in started out our musical misadventures by playing lots of gigs in a little honky-tonk hole in the wall bar where, for some reason, cowboys liked to gather. It was a military town and many of those guys were bull riders and bronk busters..... a number of others were "sidewalk commando cowboys" who tried to be what they weren't and it showed. The real cowboys mostly just tolerated them and smiled knowingly at the BS stories the wannabee cowboys would tell. It was great fun to be there in that crowd. Good folks. Cowboys who were also US Marines.... talk about someone having your back in a tight situation.....

It was those guys, and in particular a handful of them, who were the inspiration for the song I wrote a while back called Where Does A Cowboy Go..... you can find it on my website.

No matter what the inspiration is for the song or any song, the main point here to this rambling post is that we, as songwriters, look for, and find the ideas and inspiration in normal life that many people see but "don't see" and we take those situations and turn them into songs. It's who we are, and what we do.

Good job on the song.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.