Quote:

LJ
Have I told you how much I like your tag line:
""You play pretty good--for a girl."

Always makes me smile.

I play with a group of bandmates and we have a lady bass player. I can't tell you how many times folks comments to me after a gig, "Oh, I see you have a girl bass player". I am never quite sure how to respond other then, "You see right".

What's with people? Don't they know women can excel at anything they put there mind to!

The time is around 1985. We have a job and our drummer did not show. In the audience is one of my guitar student’s father and he said he had a daughter who could play drums. So I said, “go get her”. She was just 16 but she played one hell of a set of traps. We hired her that night. She played with us for the next 10 years.

We ALWAYS got the “Wow, she plays pretty good—for a girl”! I would say, “what does that mean”? The answer was always err, ah, well she’s NOT a guy!

I must confess that in my 47 years of playing guitar she was the best drummer I have ever had! Not fancy, not flashy but steady and every fill she played always fit.

Thanx Lady Jazzer for bringing back very fond memories.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware