Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hello Guitarhacker,
We are not familiar with Cakewalk's Sound Center Synth (Rob bought Z3ta and Cakewalk Musical Instruments -which is very good quality and very compatible with BIAB- years ago). Can the Sound Center Synth be purchased separately? And does it have a GM mapping? (Rob has a serious RSI problem and long searches for proper sound patches is not really an option for him).

The hardest part now is finding a good singing line and proper lyrics....

I think you can only get CSC with a cakewalk DAW..... but with MC6 being only $40 (It was on sale recently for $20) that would be a no brainer buy.

Does it have GM mapping. NOPE. Absolutely not. It is a sampled synth. The instruments in it are all samples. It only uses midi to trigger the samples. The break down in the list of instruments is : Bass, piano, etc.... and then you click into that category and have several other options....piano's for example have the 10 or so different Steinburg piano's.... bass has electric and acoustic sub categories and a number of basses in each.

It's a quick search to find, load, and try the different samples.

Lyrics..... the bane of my existence as a writer..... The music to me is the easy part..... those dang words..... forever trying to find the right ones

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.